Healthy Share GBC is a Minnesota-based "general benefit corporation," a new type of business entity that focuses on "doing good," rather than generating profits. Healthy Share was developed with the assistance of grants from the USDA and Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
As stated in its articles of incorporation, Healthy Share was organized to "pursue a net material positive impact from its business and operations on society, the environment and the well-being of present and future generations. It will accomplish this by:
• Developing economic opportunities for small, sustainable farmers and food producers
• Encouraging healthy eating patterns
• Making healthy food easily available and affordable
• Creating living-wage jobs
• Decreasing the environmental impact of food production and distribution. "
One of Healthy Share's goals is to illustrate the local economic activity that can be generated by a community dedicated to fresh, healthy food. We're looking forward to showing how your food dollars provide opportunities for local families.
Healthy Share GBC is licensed as a "retail food handler" by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.